Pirate 4x4 banner

t-case and SAS Q's

477 views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  lilrasz 
#1 ·
First...I have fwd shift t case, is it possible to use it in conjunction with a topshift for dual cases ( the fwd shift would be the reduction box)?

How long does it take to SAS a pickup using a Marlin kit. I have access to a shop for weekends only. It has all the nessesary tools, torches, and welders to get the job done. What things can I do in prep to make the process faster in the shop. Can I install the hangers and shackles before I torch off the IFS, or would that just make it that much harder?

What would you guys reccomend for rear springs? I was lookin for something to match the Marlin 4" front end, but I didnt wanna pay a whole lot to do the rear. I just want a bolt in replacement, but not block, add-a-leafs, or longer shackes.

THanks for the help.

#2 ·
1.) your front t-case can be forward or top shift, as long as it'll work with the tranny it's fine.

2.) you could probably install the hangers and shackle mounts beforehand. from what i remember there isn't anything to get in the way, though i could be wrong.

3.) could build junkyard packs. i've heard 2wd rears give about 2" of lift over stock(since they're designed for SUA), mix in some stock rear leaves, SEARCH :flipoff2:

#3 ·
The front hanger can be installed before any cutting is done, the shackle hangers can be installed before any cutting, shock hoops after the cutting and grinding.

When I first did mine many years ago I had SkyJacker 4" SoftRides in the rear and they worked real good, they are stock length!!!!!!!!

Really helps out if you put what year you are working on, Fill out the signature!!!!

#5 ·
i did my SAS in two days(sat and sun). the key to the whole thing is have all of your parts. make sure you have everything you need ( and don't overlook cleaners, rags, oil, and greese like i almost did). it took me a month to get all of my parts, and 2 days to install all of them. but, mine is still a daily driver......... good luck

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.