Pirate 4x4 banner

Just picked up an 85 4Runner...BUT

448 views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  Lowtorious 
#1 ·
I just picked me up an 85 EFI 4runner. The only problem is it has a broke rod. I have an 83 Celica EFI motor that I was going to put into my other truck, but if the Celica motor was hook right up to the 4Runner's wiring I am going to drop it in there. I haven't looked at it too much, but I know the 4Runner's computer has 3 plugs and the Celica's has 2. Also the head on the 4Runner is diffrent that the Celica's.

Will the Celica's motor work in the 4Runner, without having to 'rig-up' a bunch of wiring? If not I am going to rebuild the 4Runner motor.

#4 ·
Greg_Canada said:
Something is telling me that that celica has analog fuel injection...

I beleive you are correct. I know the Celica motor does not have a knock or speed sensor, unlike the 4runner.

I was thinking, couldn't I just swap the head and intake from the 4runner onto the celica bottom end?

#5 ·
If you're going to go through all that trouble of almost complete tearing down 2 motors - I think it definately be worth it just to tear down and build 1 motor versus trying to build 1 motor out of 2. A basic rebuild is not that costly and you're bascially doing just that minus replacing the main bearings. Do it the right way the first time.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.