Pirate 4x4 banner

DOT Approved Krawlers

678 views 10 replies 9 participants last post by  erg801 
#1 ·
Ive been looking at some 37 BFG krawlers, and the guy who is selling them said that he bets his Krawlers woudl wear the same if not better on the streets as my 35" mtr's would anyone second this oppinion or should I just pass him by.

#5 ·
krazydher said:
i heard they wouldn't even last 100 miles on the street...there comp only tires

They drove 'em for 1200 miles on the road for Ultimate Adventure, for several years in a row now....

#7 ·
Well, maybe I will consider them.

But then again, its a 17" rim instead of the 15" I have right now......

If only the truxus' were out in the 37's right now.

There aren't many other options for the 37"ish tires that would have fairly good wear compared to the MTR's, and I know that my celica can't tow my 4runner so I guess I will stay with them. Thanks guys!

#8 ·
klif02 said:
There aren't many other options for the 37"ish tires that would have fairly good wear compared to the MTR's, and I know that my celica can't tow my 4runner so I guess I will stay with them. Thanks guys!
The Swamper SSRs wear well on the street. I've been using them for several years now on a couple of different rigs that were used as a weekend Rubicon toy and a daily driver. I have the 37x12.50x15's on my 4Runner and I love them. They're good on the street and excellent on the trail.

#10 · (Edited)
i saw in my peterson's mag. the trxus just came out in a 37". they were pretty reasonably priced! i think 4 wheelparts has them.

i'm loving my 33" txrus tires. they have been awesome in everything i have tried them.

saturday i went and busted through some 3 foot drifts. they just dug right through them! i found some mud as well. i was shooting rooster tails. of course a heavy foot with a supra motor in my truck definatly helps spin the mud out! :grinpimp:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.