Pirate 4x4 banner

dual Tranny

486 views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  csudman 
#1 ·
Well after staying up all night last tuesday to get the truck done for Moab. About 4 in the morning I went for a drive and had similar problems as csudman (shifts like crap). Yanked the whole deal and went with a single trans and single transfer.

with this trip being the first time out on a whole new build, I didn't want to deal with any head aches.

This project will be thrown away until next winter. I'm going to stick in the dual transfer case setup and run that this summer.

Late

P.S. The truck was simply awesome. Even with crap ass crawl ratio. :flipoff2:

#2 ·
automotion said:
Well after staying up all night last tuesday to get the truck done for Moab. About 4 in the morning I went for a drive and had similar problems as csudman (shifts like crap). Yanked the whole deal and went with a single trans and single transfer.

with this trip being the first time out on a whole new build, I didn't want to deal with any head aches.

This project will be thrown away until next winter. I'm going to stick in the dual transfer case setup and run that this summer.

Late

P.S. The truck was simply awesome. Even with crap ass crawl ratio. :flipoff2:

i dont think you could have made a better chioce!!! to me dual trannys are one of those things that make you go why.... :flipoff2:

#4 ·
budr said:
hummm interesting...
You milled the flanges of the adapter? Used the dowel pins to locate? Centered on the shaft? Mine shifts fine and I'm wondering what the difference is.
The difference is probably that i f'd something up and you didn't. I could have something wrong with the trans itself. I don't know and i don't want to kill a summer of wheelin to experiment. I'm wondering if there needs to be a crossmember between the two trans to help support it. I don't really care anymore.

that trip was my first time ever wheelin a toyota hard. If it does that well with a about a 50:1 crawl ratio, I just don't feel I'm going to need a 200:1. I'll get it set up at around 100:1 to 125:1 and be just fine for now. Don't get me wrong 200:1 would be cool as shit, but I would like to participate in the driving a little.

#5 ·
Duel Trannies

Agreed, life is too short to waste a whole summer of wheelin' :D

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.