Pirate 4x4 banner

msd ignition and water

434 views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  Brutpwr 
#1 · (Edited)
OK, over the weekend I was driving down a road at night that I'm not used to. I hit a little hill, and when I came over to the other side there was a big puddle I didn't see, until too late. I was travelling at 35mph and hit it pretty hard. I got water all over the truck and under the hood. I drove about 25 feet after hitting the puddle and truck started to sputter. I checked the spark plugs to make sure all was ok, and everything looked ok, so I started backup. Go down the road and when I would go over like 2500 rpm it would sputter. Pulled over, checked each plug wire for cracks, didn't see any, and wiped each of them off. I then let the truck idle for about 15 minutes. When I started back up, everything seemed to be ok.

Now, when I run the truck at night, I can see blue light running along the plug wires, and can see a spark at the end of each wire between the wire and the engine. Is this normal for a MSD? I don't remember it before.

I'm thinking I cracked my plug wires with the water, but I've always been able to find the crack, not this time. I also see a little loss in perfomance. Doesn't quite have the power it had.

Any help is appreciated. I don't want to buy new wires if it isn't necessary, sorry so long.

Ben

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.