Pirate 4x4 banner

Toyota Cab sound deadening

1K views 17 replies 13 participants last post by  miniyota 
#1 ·
I have a bare 86 Toyota cab and I'm looking to do some sound deadening to it before I put it back together. Anyone have some ideas on what kind of products I can use? Just planning on spraying the floor. Thanks

Ryan

#17 ·
miniyota said:
i just used about 3 coats of walmart brand bedliner. it works great.

Interesting. I didn't know Wal-Mart carried such a thing. How much did you use, price? For all you other doods, I live in Flagstaff which is not your regular AZ town. Temps in winter rarely exceed forty degrees and after getting several 1 foot snowfalls this year, I don't think that is an option. Hell I think we had more precip this winter than the PNW

Ryan

#18 · (Edited)
i bought a gallon for $39.99. the stuff is made by duracolor or duplacolor (i can't remember right now. its by the paint and bondo. and a roller kit for $9.49. i used a 1/4 gallon on the inside. then i did the outside of my cab. worked great.

make sure you prep it well. follow the directions and you'll have no problems. mine is sticking great. much better then the carpet i had!

i used a wire brush on my grinder and a chisel and hammer to take all the old crap off the floor. then i shut the doors and windows tight. rolled it out side and let the heat from the sun cure the stuff.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.