Pirate 4x4 banner

The average life cycle of a 4x4 Toyota truck...Pirate style...

4K views 25 replies 14 participants last post by  miniyota 
#1 · (Edited)
Let me start off by saying that most of what I've learned about wheeling and truck building has come from this site...so to the guys that have posted up what they've done and how it's worked...Thanks.

...back to the theme...

It all started when I was 16 or so and my dad helped me buy my 85Runner EFI SR5...yeah...you're jealous...I know...I'll just go ahead and say that I found this site shortly thereafter and found a picture of a 'solid axle'...I took it outside and got under my truck to verify that I indeed did have such a contraption which was deemed necessary for 4wheeling by this site...

Here she is in her first years...

Yep...31's, Bushwackers, and Smittybilts...I don't know if I've ever seen a more hardcore rig...

After my marvelous solid axle find and my EFI awareness I started building...about 2 years and a couple of lift kits later I came up with this...

...a TRD E-locked, 5.29'ed, 63" chevy, 35"ProComped 85Runner EFI SR5...

Attachments

See less See more
#7 · (Edited)
Geez...you guys are too fast...hold on just a damn second...there's more...

...so after I wheeled it that way for a while it got a little damage...particularly to the rearmost portion of the truck...so of course the logical next step would be to...

...cut the back half off...

...yeah...i made the top to match...

Attachments

#9 ·
wheeled some more...after destroying those rear corners that I spent so much time on making look pretty and such I decided that I didn't need so much sheet metal and purchased an 89 cab...took off the 4Runner body and had the 89 cab on in one long fun night thanks to some buds...

...this version of my truck was dubbed...'The Kukaracha'...for no racially stereotypic reason at all...??...this is the way I found the cab in the bone yard...i felt too bad for it to paint it...

...this was my fist tube work as well...can't say I didn't fancy AllPro's flat bed kit at the time...sorry for the sucky pic...it's all I got...

...also around this time is when I got my dual ultimate from Marlin...

I'm demonstrating my crawling skills at the mall...

Attachments

#13 ·
you guy's are some thread hijackin' sob's aren't ya?....

...nah...it's cool...keep postin' 'em up. Cool stuff...

SO...

I guess the next major mod I did was to paint it black...wow...

I was shootin' some hills shortly afterwards when I managed to explode a CenterForce Dual Friction clutch...with 15000 miles on it...no big deal you say...put in a new clutch...

...nope...I proceeded to tear down my truck to make it into a buggy...I started reading about the cool good working buggies here and tearing my truck down at the same time...

...about the point where I cut my body mounts off of my frame I decided that I wasn't going to be able to build the buggy I wanted and have the weekend wheeler I needed...oh well....I put it back together...a little differently though...

...cut the frame off behind the cab...did the usual exo and truggy bed style...

...whipped up a supa dupa wishbone 3link...

...got me some of them air shocks because they look cool...who cares how they perform...There's no spring for pete's sake! Awesome!...

...and this is what I had in my garage about 4 months ago...

...just imagine that you've had a few and now you're looking at this pic...

Attachments

#24 ·
dont hate on the sick ass welds i did on that floor patch. i know i suck. that was thin. don't know if there is anybody else out there that has helped more in building this truck into its cough... current.. cough state. im just the bitch. Will stop taking so long. gaahhhh

#25 ·
don't know if there is anybody else out there that has helped more in building this truck into its cough... current.. cough state
got you beat. i saw that truck when it had 27 inch tires...and it was my genious that built the deathtrap used to convert it from the 4runner, to the kukaracha...and plus, i named it. :flipoff2: :flipoff2: :flipoff2:

justin

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.