Pirate 4x4 banner

Carb and ignitor question

699 views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  toyjoeta 
#1 ·
I have an 86 22R motor and am currently seeking a new carburetor and ignitor. I have been told by a couple sources that there are several different ignitors for this vintage motor as well as different carb types. I understand that the vacuum ports may be a bit different from carb to carb but are there any other differences besides that? TIA

Ryan

#2 ·
weber is a popular choice for carbs. why new carb though? the stock one works great at angles. mine will run inverted :D also, get the MSD igntion and replace the stock ignitor. this will help run at angle too :)

#3 ·
Actually, the truck has been out of commission for a couple years and a few of the parts have are missing. At any rate, I would rather not do a Weber carb as they are hard as hell to tune right and never get decent mpg. Where can I go about getting an MSD ignition? I suppose I could look in Summit or something like that, any suggestions?

Ryan

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.