Pirate 4x4 banner

Brake Lines

726 views 9 replies 7 participants last post by  slodrivr 
#1 ·
Looking for the company that is selling brake lines custom made with the stainless steel wrap. They do custom lengths and ends. I'll need them to connect to the stock stuff using the retaining clip.
I need to order them but can't find the contact info, can anyone help?

#2 ·
Bob1 said:
Looking for the company that is selling brake lines custom made with the stainless steel wrap. They do custom lengths and ends. I'll need them to connect to the stock stuff using the retaining clip.
I need to order them but can't find the contact info, can anyone help?
Did you read this thread, it is in there!!!!

http://www.pirate4x4.com/forum/showthread.php?t=173918

#5 ·
Thanks Oop's-haven't looked at the FAQ in quite awhile, should have known it would be in there, that's what I get-a cold one to ya!

Exo-shoot, I still have to get the damn in cab roll bar in the runner, it's been sittin in the yard since the beginning of winter under a tarp-gotta get some real heat for the garage!

#6 ·
Bob, you need an EXO
I'm gonna make an exo for your welder, then I'm gonna make one for your easy chair, then I'm gonna make one for your fridge...then hopefully your exo-on will go down! :grinpimp:

Doxo

#8 ·
A braided line that long would have to be secured very well at a bunch of different points to keep it from trying to straighten out every time pressure was applied(i.e. everytime you hit the brakes). Not that anybody cares, but I got the pre bent lines to run to the back from the dealer for my bros runner. At about $40 for both it seemed like a decent idea. It was really great installing the first one cause it just slid right in. Then went to do the second one and it didn't seem to fit right. Turns out it was exactly the same as the first one. Upon calling the dealer I was told that the lines are the same. Funny, it looked to me like they stop at the same place on the prop valve and one is about two inches longer up front. After some creative bending it works. Kinda defeated the purpose of getting pre-bent lines though and it is ugly. I'm ditching the lspv on mine and using an adjustable one with one line. Oh, make sure and take a good look at your fuel hard line along the whole length while you're under there. My brothers and mine needed replaced as well.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.