Pirate 4x4 banner

mounting a budd built crossmember...

795 views 10 replies 7 participants last post by  RedNeckRea 
#1 ·
i just bought a dual case set up and found a good deal on a buddbuilt dual case crossmember. only problem is the crossmember is for an 84+ yota and I've got an 82. I spoke with somebody at buddbuilt before I purchased the crossmember, and they said with some modification it would work.

below is a picture of how I plan on makin the passenger side mount for the buddbuilt. the mount is gonna be welded to the inside of the frame. the yellow is to help prevent the frame from tearin out and the red is to help gusset the horizontal part of the mount.

my question...is this overkill? should I just weld some angle iron onto the frame, drill some holes, and call it good?

what thickness material do you think should be used for both the yellow and red portions?

Attachments

See less See more
#7 · (Edited)
mobil1syn said:
honestly if your going to go through the work consider setting it up like the shortbus.
I'm not familiar with how todd's looks.

Lemoore-on said:
That'll work Chris. Get busy!
that's all i needed to hear :D. any recomendations on material, considering I don't have any scrap lyin around?

#8 ·
with my 79 i run a w56 and duals
he added a little tab onto the front of the mounting flange
it was supposed to bolt right up, but my truck or luck is fucked and it missed by a cunts hair.
no fault of buds.
luckily the holes i had drilled to mount the late trans and case worked in the holes that were already there.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.