Pirate 4x4 banner

Anything wrong with AOR ORBIT EYES ?

4K views 24 replies 10 participants last post by  toy4crawlin 
#1 ·
I'm trying to figure out why it is taking so long (5 months) to receive my PAID custom springs from AOR.

Are these joints failing ? or are they in HIGH Demand ?
? made in Mexico?

Is someone trying to shut down AOR?

WHAT?!!! :confused: :mad3: :confused:

#4 ·
AOR is having bigtime problems, it sounds like. They want to stay small, but are getting big order demands. Their products seem to be pretty decent, but they are too small to keep up with the demand. It took my friend seven months to recieve his PAID FOR springs from AOR, and they couldn't even get the steering for him; he had to order it from KONGS. Personally, I'd go with Marlin in the future if I were you. They actually get things built and shipped. Nothing against AOR. They make good products. It just takes WAY too long for them to get orders put together and shipped.

#6 ·
toy4crawlin said:
I'm trying to figure out why it is taking so long (5 months) to receive my PAID custom springs from AOR.

Are these joints failing ? or are they in HIGH Demand ?
? made in Mexico?

Is someone trying to shut down AOR?

WHAT?!!! :confused: :mad3: :confused:
HAD them...Not worth the money or the WAIT!!! Mine lasted about 6 months...In the TRASH now! Make your own springs...or...you could use All Pro..or better yet...Marlins!

#7 ·
bentyota said:
HAD them...Not worth the money or the WAIT!!! Mine lasted about 6 months...In the TRASH now! Make your own springs...or...you could use All Pro..or better yet...Marlins!
Holy shiet are you serious :( :eek:

only 6 months?? :confused: what where you doing?

ANYONE ELSE WITH FAILURES?

#8 ·
toy4crawlin said:
Holy shiet are you serious :( :eek:

only 6 months?? :confused: what where you doing?

ANYONE ELSE WITH FAILURES?
My old All Pros lasted about 3 years doing the same shit I did with these...they "S'd" in bout 6 months..up to you! I know that is all depends, but like I said...Not worth the money or the WAIT!

#11 · (Edited)
Westy said:
if you want a higher quality spring and dont want to wait awhile...go with some alcans or deavers. I've got Alcans and I've been extremely happy with them. very flexible and great street ride.
Brian
AOR springs are made by Alcan.

#12 ·
Thanks for spring info guys :D

I would like to support Marlin any way I can :cool2: :D .

Honestly the only reason I went with Orbit eyes is just that, I like the flex in the eye of the spring. and Roger B. likes his.

What is your feedback on these Orbit eyes?0?

?Someting wrong with Alcan?

As of yesterday I was about to cancel the whole deal, but luckily this morning I finally got a hold of Randy @ AOR and he explained whats going on
I told him my delima and that I must have springs in the next 2 weeks and asked if a temp insert could be put in place of the O-eye, if the eyes are the hold up and ship me my springs to get me by, and then ship my O-eyes when they are made.
He told YES He would have my springs to me by the 13th.
He was good on the phone, by that I mean profesional and Not a Jerk like others places I have made orders with.
They are extremely busy building with mostly just two guys and some other help couple days a week.
I hope the come through and fix the situation about building O-eyes faster.

#14 ·
I'm thinking of incorporating R.E. joints ( Rubicon express ) 2 /5/8 sized joint into AOR's Alcan spring for my front springs. Rubicon Express say's they are primarily used for control arms and are beefy.

Any opinions>?

#16 ·
What EVER :flipoff2:

From the Otha post People are liking the X-joint, same size as RE but at a better price ?

I think it all comes down to
--Durabilty
--use of mutiple applications
--the races the steal ball sits in
--ease of rebuilding
--Zirk fittings to lube entire joint

#18 ·
Just found some cool info on the material AOR uses

Seems a hell of a lot better than Allpro, RE, etc. using UHMW, Nylon

AOR uses Molybdenum races for their ball joints
-molybdenum disulphide is a good lubricant, especially at high temperatures where normal oils decompose
-valuable alloying agent (contributes to the hardenability and toughness of quenched and tempered steels).
-improves the strength of steel at high temperatures
- Almost all ultra-high strength steels contain molybdenum in amounts from 0.25 to 8%
-electrodes for electrically heated glass furnaces
-nuclear energy applications
-missile and aircraft parts
-valuable catalyst in petroleum refining
-filament material in electrical applications
-essential trace element in plant nutrition. Some soils are barren for lack of -this element in the soil

#20 ·
J Kimmel said:
ya that is pretty cool, but since you can't get them, and they don't answer the phone, etc...
Actually I have reached on the phone and have been communicating through e-mail, getting my Orbit springs Next WEEK!! :grinpimp: :p

CASE CLOSED

#21 ·
Nobody mentioned warratees. I'm pretty sure mine were lifetime when I bought them 4 years ago. Anyone been able to beat this out of them? I just broke my main leaf in the front today.

#23 ·
Westy said:
did you ever get the springs toy4crawling?
Ahh Yea, I thought I wrote about them
I got them last March. THEY ROCK !!!
trail tested them in June on 17th annual Rubithon

So much travel my 24" brake lines where to short!! even my 9012's where max'd :eek:

I used Marlins 5" rears to even it out

Attachments

#24 · (Edited)
after. I could not Flex any Further because the Brake line was like a guitar string :D

They're amazing on the freeway ! Handles Great!

I have never expeirence such great ride over speed bumbs (the BiG ones)even at 30-40mph ! With Alcan 5" front and Marlins 5" Rears there is no front back wobble

handles better over bumps than my stock 92 4x4 4runner

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.