Pirate 4x4 banner

Detroit Easy Locker

650 views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  aussielocker 
#1 ·
I have a detroit E-Z locker, I got from a friend. The box says it's for a Toyota 4Cyl. It doen't fit inside the carrier. The diameter, of the part of the side gear, that goes over the end of the axle is to big.

I'm hoping it might fit in a 6cyl. carrier.

Here are the side gear numbers 85082, and the spacer #85010.

I don't know if anyone has one laying around, but if you do could you check it out.

Thanks

#3 ·
I ended up with a Lock rite in this carrier. I would like to sell the E-Z locker, if I can figure out what it fits in. It just seems way to big for the carrier.

Thanks for the info.

A friend of mine had to grind his carrier to get his aussie in also.

#5 ·
Where possible, Aussie Locker engineers design our product with the maximum amount of steel possible. Since this often results in a locker that is slightly larger and heftier than our competitors some Toyota owners have found flashings in the case castings that have required small amounts of filing to enable the Aussie Locker to be installed. Our contention is that a more robust locker is worth a small amount of filing in a few installs. Given the high levels of reliability and no reported Aussie Lockers breaking, we believe that this design philosophy represents the best value for our customers even at greater costs to us.

#6 ·
aussielocker said:
Where possible, Aussie Locker engineers design our product with the maximum amount of steel possible. Since this often results in a locker that is slightly larger and heftier than our competitors some Toyota owners have found flashings in the case castings that have required small amounts of filing to enable the Aussie Locker to be installed. Our contention is that a more robust locker is worth a small amount of filing in a few installs. Given the high levels of reliability and no reported Aussie Lockers breaking, we believe that this design philosophy represents the best value for our customers even at greater costs to us.
It looked stronger than the Lock rite he just broke.

I was in no way criticizing your product. Just stating what he had to do to get it in.

#7 ·
Hogan, I appreciate your comment and was just trying to explain why the Aussie Locker sometimes requires the casting flashing on some cases to be filed. Please share any comments that help others understand what they may run into on installation of an Aussie Locker as we also learn from them and can add those to our manual.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.