Pirate 4x4 banner

Reaming for rod-ends

524 views 5 replies 2 participants last post by  born loser 
#1 ·
I dont have my rig here at the house, so I cant measure things myself.. :(

Can I ream the holes on my steering-arms to 5/8" to use heims, or are the TRE tapers bigger than that? I think 5/8 will work, but I want to be sure before I grab the wrong reamer/ends.

Its all free, so I dont need opinions or other drivel.. :evil:

#3 ·
The larger of the tapered ends on a chevy taper is ~3/4", so that won't work for a 5/8" hole.

On toy I'm not positive.

But I just reamed a toy taper to a chevy and it took quite a bit of material to remove to get it, so you might be fine with a toy TRE taper

#4 ·
I want to ream my stock toy TRE holes out for heims instead. The inverted T steering or whatever is too ghetto, and I want to put in heims.
My arms have inserts turned from stock "J-arm" steering, so I guess I want to know if the 'fat"-upper end of the J-arm holes are UNDER 5/8", or if I would have to get 3/4 heims.

#5 ·
Yera, I hear what your saying.

My last sentence I should of put this:

But I just reamed a toy taper to a chevy and it took quite a bit of material to remove to get it, so you might be fine with a toy TRE taper drilling it out to 5/8" for the heim :grinpimp:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.