Pirate 4x4 banner

22re injector part #'s

946 views 7 replies 4 participants last post by  my94israd 
#1 ·
Hey all. I just finished rebuilding the top end of my 85 4runner but having trouble fitting new injectors. I bought some injectors from an 87 truck off of ebay since 2 of mine were cracked. The part number on these is 23250-45011. I thought they would fit, but they aren't sealing properly in the rail. I called toy service and the number they gave me was 23209-45011, so I'm assuming that I got the wrong ones. I searched the board and read that the injectors changed in 87 or something, but couldnt find anything more.
Can anyone veryify the 23209 part # is the correct injector for my 85 efi? Thanks for the help!

#3 ·
Hmm. With the fuel rail fully tightened, there was significant play with the injectors (ie I could easily move them back and forth 3/8" and when I turned the key as my buddy watched fuel poured out everywhere..) We didnt even try to fire it after that... I could maybe beef it up with a few o-rings but I would rather have the right injectors. Theres also an ebay auction for 94 22re inejectors but i dont know whether those will work on my application (http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=7964697377) Any suggestions?

#7 · (Edited)
You're gonna catch yourself on fire... :flipoff2:

On the injector, there is an O-ring that goes on the end and slides inside the fuel rail. There is also a grommet that goes on the same end of the injector, but seats on the outside of the fuel rail. Then there is the insulator that goes on the output end of the injector and seats in the lower intake near the head.

The difference in the various injectors is in the electronics and the electictrical plug configuration, not in the length or diameter. Sounds like some or all of your injectors are missing the insulators, by the 3/8" slop you mentioned. Get new rubber at toyota for those injectors and you should be fine.

Edit: Is "electictrical" even a f'n word? :laughing:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.