Pirate 4x4 banner

flipped j-arm; 85' x-cab

1K views 10 replies 7 participants last post by  koleaselo 
#1 ·
anyone tried this set-up before? reweld the ball on the top and use the stock drang-link i think?

Help...

ko

#4 ·
you can actually press the ball out and press it back in and weld it together.... pm 82yotacrawler he has like 4 jarms like this...

#5 · (Edited)
zukota916 said:
you can actually press the ball out and press it back in and weld it together.... pm 82yotacrawler he has like 4 jarms like this...
After you grind off the mushroom. The modified J-arm was used a lot before the advent of x-over steering!!!!! :grinpimp:

You should just go with crossover steering. If you wheel your rig you'll bust that POS j arm real quick.
With the flipped ball the J-arms do not break as easy!

#6 · (Edited)
koleaselo said:
anyone tried this set-up before? reweld the ball on the top and use the stock drang-link i think?

Help...

ko
I ran this setup on my 85 4runner...a few years back, so I venture to say it will still work, then I went hysteer and IFS box. I cut & turned my drag link also, then sleeved it and had it all tig welded correctly.

On my setup I ended up having to do 2 bends and then fit it all back together without using an adustable DL.

sent you a PM also. :)

#10 ·
Not much, I think he only charged me something like $50 each. I've been a customer
of that shop for almost 10 years now, and met them on the trail several times, so they likely gave me a better rate for that, than a total stranger walking in.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.