Pirate 4x4 banner

automatic locking hubs?

859 views 7 replies 6 participants last post by  ocho_vato 
#1 ·
Hey well i am looking in to buying this 85 extended cab pickup. everything is good and really nice. The only thing is it has automatic locking hubs. what are they. are they good or bad? what is better regular hums or these? i need some info on them. thanks. Chase

#3 · (Edited)
When you switch them out for factory manual hubs make sure you get the wheel bearing spindle nuts and star/ lockwasher deal as well as the hub body and dial... the auto hubs have a funky wheel bearing/spindle nut that parts of the auto hub bolts to.

take it easy

-j-rOd

#6 ·
koleaselo said:
junk!!! three times they left me up shit creek. snow, rocks, you name it 's happended. get you self a set of stock man. lock-out from the wrecking yard. pick-n-pull they're like $75.

Good luck,

ko
If you can find them at a P-N-P. I have never seen a set in the P-N-P's in this area, especally for a solid axle!!!! :grinpimp: I hang out at P-N-P's, I like the quality of the clientele that hang there!!!!! :grinpimp:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.