Pirate 4x4 banner

Just installed a Premier welder on my 22r

742 views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  4CrawlR 
#1 · (Edited)
Just installed Premier's kit PN PW160GM on my toyota. Very impressive. I had to mod the Alternator some instead of the factory lower bracket. I did cut about an inch of the top adjustment bracket off and welded a Mopar
big block style slide adjustment to it.
This welder does everything...ARC,Mig,Tig,cut,and silica bronze. I don't think I will ever silica bronze.

Don't take this the wrong way, this is not a plug for Premier, but a
BIG THUMBS UP for a great product, Thanks Jan.

If anyone has any questions, please PM me. I'll help as much as
possible.
I didn't take any pics during the install, but will post some of the final
install. Sorry.

Mike B

#5 ·
Shagnaz2 said:
Does your batt. light stay on? I haven't dug into yet, but any suggestions would be great.

Have you used it much on your own vehicle? Have you done anything else with it excluding ARC welding. If so, how did it work.

Any suggestions over all with the use of the Premier?

Thanks
Battery/charge light does not stay on, in fact it never comes on even if the alt. fails (which it did last summer - worn out brushes). Some day I would like to figure out how to make the factory charge light work properly with the PPW.

I have a little writeup (on my page above) on using the alt. for 115V tools. I carry an old drill in the truck, will probably pick up a cheap grinder. Also have an electric chain saw that should work as well for trail opening runs. A lot nicer to carry in the 4Runner than the gas saw that leaks and smells up the cabin.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.