Pirate 4x4 banner

failed smog again...

429 views 5 replies 3 participants last post by  FrankenToy 
#1 ·
My friends truck failed smog again and she's getting pretty frustrated. This time the guy actully had something helpful to tell us as far as getting it to pass....the last owner replaced the cat..and welded it in backwards. :shaking: So I went to take it out and have no idea what the tube going into the cab from the cat is??? What is this? Some sorta vent? I know little about smog crap but...I think I could have figured out the arrow on the cat is the direction of flow...grrr. Anyway, what is this tube. Thanks.

#3 ·
yeah, I guess some info about the truck would help huh... It's a 1982. Stock engine and such. It ran like poo when we got it. replaced egr control valve ( looks like a lego with vacum hoses sticking out) and the vacum advance diaphram and it runs great now...but still failed smog. Actully failed worse this time then last time when it ran like poo. The smog guy was very sure it's the stupid cat in backwards. So I started ripping out the exhaust and desided I would find out what the little hose is before I rip it out.

#5 ·
yeah...I just found where it came out in the cab. Mine is two wires with a plug...I unpluged it and finished pulling out the exhaust. thanks.. wierd...anyone know what it is just so I can know what it is???

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.