Pirate 4x4 banner

horrible delema with 22re

686 views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  TOYOTAPARTS 
#1 ·
i have an 86 22ret truck. pulled motor wiring harness and ecm out for 22ret. bought an 87 4runner 22re wiringharness and ecm. since it is a turbo truck and now im running the non turbo motor. i have no idea where to plug in the o2 sensor for my truck. thats the only thing that doesn't have a plug in. i know that the turbos is in the little bundle of wires that are withe the starter solinoid switch and the the temperature sending unit but there is nothing for the o2 sensor for my now na'd 22re. like i said the wiring harness going to the ecm and the ecm have both been changed with the motor. has any body done this before or seen this problem. at almost at the end of my build and i come across this problem. shit man. hatin it!!:confused:

#2 · (Edited)
The O2 connector on non Turbo trucks is in the Harness on the drivers side fender, so unless you changed that out, it is still there. BTW, it is 1 wire.

You may have to use a schematic and figure it out with a DVM

#5 ·
sensor extendor

so i found the o2 sensor plug in on the driver side fender. i didn't think it could of been it because it is so far away and it is a different style plug( only buy a little bit)now im wondering if there is an extension set of wire that is normally used to connect those wires.:massey:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.