Pirate 4x4 banner

Using seafoam for my 22re

6K views 16 replies 9 participants last post by  Roc Doc 
#1 ·
Alright iv'e been reading some posts on here and have been convinced to tryout seafoam on my 1994 toyota pickup. But where would be the best place to pour it in? Ive heard in the throttle body and the vacuum lines.. Thanks for the help guys!

#2 ·
Step one: remove fuel pump(optimizes flow)
Step two: pour down hole where the pump was.
Step three: re-install pump and tank and run it for 31 seconds. If you run it for 32 you screwed up and have to start over.
wait 51 seconds and turn the key to start for 17 seconds BUT DON'T LET IT CRANK!
If it cranks you gotta remove the fuel lines and replace them as the seafoam etches the metal.
Repeat process until desired results are achieved

#5 ·
Ive always used a vac line directly from the intake manifold suck the stuff up at a regulated pace. However, Ive never done it on a Toyota, just VW GTis and a BMW. Get ready for some smoke:smokin:

#11 ·
it works best if you put it in the the ling on the carcol canister or through the ling to the brake buster, put it in with the engine runing ( at temp.) use like half a botel kill the engine right after you finish poreing it in ( it will try to keep runing give it a sec and it will stop , then give it like 20min. to sit and then start it back up.

#12 · (Edited)
Good God, did you even get past the 3rd grade? Are you from Memphis by chance?

brake buster?
poreing?
botel?

and WTF is a "ling"?:laughing::laughing::laughing:

You need to use the spell check.

#13 ·
I also used the charcoal cannister Purge line when I did my engine w/ Seafoam. I found that that line was easy to find and get to. It is long enough to easily reach into the can. And it is a small diameter hose so as to not suck in too much Seafoam at once. I still had to regulate the flow by moving the hose in and out of the liquid in the can. Also, that purge port on the Athrottle body (labelled "P") is way up front in the intake.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.