Pirate 4x4 banner

are the wagoneer springs the best way to go?

4K views 22 replies 16 participants last post by  Roc Doc 
#1 ·
i heard that running the wagoneer springs in the front of my toyota would be the best way to go. i wasnt exactly sure what year of wagoneer springs or how big of a lift to go with the springs. any info would help.

#2 · (Edited)
Toyota FAQ. Listed at the top of every page in the toyota forum.

Here's your info:D
44044 SPRINGS
44044s are Rancho Jeep Wagoneer Lift Springs.
Length: 47" (Length is eye to eye)
Center Pin split (front/rear) 22.5"/24.5"
Bushing: 2 3/4" & 3"
Lift: 5.25 - 5.5" (Lift is approximate and uses 1.5" longer than stock shackles giving 3/4" of lift)
Cost: $250 (Cost is for both sides incl. shipping/give or take)
44044's do not (by themselves) move your axle forward. They are the same length on the front half as stock toys (22.5"). While they do move the axle forward because of the lift they provide (arch in spring), when they compress to the point that they are flat, it's the same. Estimated 1/2" of actual axle relocation forward.
http://bbs.off-road.com/wwwthreads_u...ith dims.jpg

#5 ·
does it have to be the rancho wagoneer springs or can it be something else? and yes i was thinking about putting the rears up front but if i do that i heard that i have to put a high steer kit on. i plan on doing the high steer kit eventually but i dont have the money for it yet.

#8 ·
ok i understand that the high steer kit is only $399 from marlin but then i also need the ifs box. it all adds up. like i said i will get that eventually but as of right now i dont have the money, unless you know of someone that will sell me a used ifs steering box

#17 ·
all soft flexy springs are going to end up looking crooked at times, stop posting and go read the faqs, all pages, come back in a week when done and if you still have a question ask........

#21 ·
cranky darren? i think the answer he was looking for was what rockmolester said, you need the spacer to not lean:flipoff2:

or maybe i'm too tired from being up with my preemie for the last two days to understand what was asked:flipoff2:

i do agree that the original poster does need to spend a day or two in FAQ though.

what's this about the 44044s springs rubbin the tie rod? doesn't happen on my pop's runner with all poo high steer.

mike

#19 ·
More searching will reveal that the ProComp rear 3.5" Toyota springs work even better up front, part # 33311. Cheaper, flexier, lifetime warranty. But like any pair of springs NOT designed for the front of a solid axle toyota, you'll need to use a spring perch spacer like Sky or 4Crawler sell, or make your own.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.