Pirate 4x4 banner

Stupid Flywheel Question- Sorry in advance

583 views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  crash 
#1 · (Edited)
Stupid Flywheel Problem
I am in the process of installing dual cases in my 85 toy pickup 22re. I thought while I was at it I would replace the clutch. I pulled the flywheel and took it to be surfaced. When I got it back I can't get it to slide over the center hub on the crankshaft. I have done a few clutch's before and never had an issue. I measured the inside of the flywheel to be 1.642" and the od of the crank hub to be 1.654". The flywheel came off easily once bolts were removed. There are no burrs, crud, or rust on either of the surfaces,

So here are my questions:

Did I get a wrong flywheel back from the machine shop? (the pressure plate bolts up) ? I called and asked if there were anyother flywheels they did that day and they said mine was the only one.

Do I just not understand how toyota flywheels are installed? (My chevy's slid on with a close fit but far from a press fit)

Please help me I suddenly feel like the retarded kid trying to put the square ped in the round hole.

edit: I have checked the fsm and other than torque specs I didn't find anything related to removal installation.

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.