Pirate 4x4 banner

88 3vz-e electrical short

372 views 0 replies 1 participant last post by  tpaul8705 
#1 ·
My 88 has an electrical short somewhere and I was wondering if anyone knows of any troublesome problem areas I should check first. The battery was holding a charge up untill a few days. I took it thru some mud/water that wasn't deep enough to do anything, or so I thought. An hour later all of my warning lights came on and were flashing sporadically, not in any type of pattern. A friend told me to wait for it to dry out; so the next morning the battery was completely drained. I attempted to charge the battery and it wouldnt take a charge, so I replaced. The truck is still sucking the battery dry. The main wire bundle going thru the firewall has 3 wires that were chewed thru and were wired, but not soldered, back together. They were however taped up so I dont think water or moisture penetrated, but then again I could be wrong. I tested the battery while and the charge was coming out at 13, so the alternator is working fine, it is just feeding the short. If any one has any idea I would greatly appreciate the comments.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.