Pirate 4x4 banner

swapping a 22re into a 92 4runner?

725 views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  orimonroe 
#1 ·
is it possible to swap a 22re into a 92 4runner? i found a killer deal on an emaculate 92 4runner but no engine! i got an 85 4runner that'd has a really strong 22re that i could use as a donor engine and use the transmission and t case. shit i should go ahead and do the sas and get some 35's while im at it huh. :) no i dont wanna do that i have a crawler i just want a more up to date DD.

would the electronics and shit work? i guess just swap out the ecu and stuff. probably a pretty etensive swap, but i dont know

#2 ·
was it a v-6 before? if it was 4 cylinder, you will need the enigine harness for that year and whether it was a cali model or federal.
if it was a v-6, you need everything from a 4 cylinder runner, as far as harness and underhood goodies go.
but as far as using the 85 22re longblock, bare as a donor, you can.

#5 ·
Since you both have compleete running 22re trucks, Swap the entire harness from the 85 into the 'runner and it'll work fine.

No different than the '95 22re I have in my '80 p/u

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.