Pirate 4x4 banner

which transfer case do i have?

10K views 23 replies 10 participants last post by  93SASToyota 
#1 ·
i was trying to install my FROR twin sticks today and i noticed when i pulled the case, the output shaft has a female spline adaptor on it, it's a 93 toyota 22RE, also the bolt hole dont even line up on the base plant.i can't even access the roll pin to punch it out, because it's to far into the case. does anyone know what kind of transfercase i have? i've got my flamesuit ready.

#10 ·
how could it be a V-6? i have a 22RE with a 5 speed tranny, 1993 pick up.

#12 · (Edited)
93 22r had two different T-cases, one was the gear drive T-case, RF1A and the chain drive T-case, VF1A behind the G58 tranny.

Here is a list of the different trannys that came in them, G58, R150, R150F, W56 & W55

Here is a link to the FSM for the 93:

http://personal.utulsa.edu/~nathan-buchanan/93fsm/

There is also a lot of info about trannys on Marlins web page:

http://www.marlincrawler.com/

You have a G58 tranny with a VF1A t-case which is the same T-case that comes behind a R150 V-6 tranny.

This post has been deleted
#20 ·
I know there are a few oddballs out there that have a chain driven instead of a gear.And I can't say I've always known.I'm not saying the guy is a dumbass for not checking either.It's an easy mistake that I'm sure he and a few others who read this will learn from.
Probably the easiest way to determin what case you have is to count the bolts on the rear cover...5 bolts is chain driven 7 bolts is gear.

#21 ·
According to AA....This 26 spline chain-driven transfer case is not real common.It is normally found in Toyotas with 4 cylinders having a transmission code of G58.This vehicle also has a vacuum disconnect differential and the shifter is located in the transmission tailhousing (forward shift)

Hmmm.26 spline.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.