Pirate 4x4 banner

Any Offroading in Alaska?

1K views 7 replies 5 participants last post by  85blue4runner 
#1 · (Edited)
Mods please forgive me, on this one. I posted here due to the reasons I will list below.

My good Buddy Carl Headlee, former UROC, WERock Driver of the 775 Toyota Buggy is moving to Alaska. His wife is taking a contract nursing job, for the next 6-8 Months.

He will be in Alaska the weekend after July 4th.

Is there any Toyota Groups or Offroading to be done?

Carl is one of those guys, if he likes you he will give you the shirt off his back, and not take a dime for it. He is also one of those guys that can do anything.. Electrical, Plumbing, Blasting, Fabricating,Truck Driver, Heavy Equipment Operator etc.

So guys is there a Toyota Group? Lastly dont know the exact town, but will post up when I find out.

He plans on Taking his 87 Runner to wheel with.

#7 ·
You are correct, there aren't tons of that stuff in legal wheeling areas, but most of the wheelers in Alaska aren't into wheeling for the sake of wheeling, testing their rig or skills. I don't want to speak for everyone, but I believe most of us wait for winter snowmachining for that. Most are in it to wheeled sports go gold panning, hunting, fishing, sightseeing, trapping, camping, etc. There is no Moab or Tellico here, but I guarantee you can find obstacles and plenty of challenge without going muddin or extreme rock crawling. Its just different. Much of the challenge here can be staying safe, warm, afloat, alive, etc. There is also a great challenge in building a rig that can get you to the places you want to go without running out of gas, breaking down, getting stuck in those inevitable mud holes, all the while carrying all your family, friends, and gear for a week long adventure in true wilderness. I'd love to have the technical obstacles that can be found "down south" as I greatly enjoy pushing my rig and abilities to the test, but I wouldn't trade them for the absolute rugged beauty that we are blessed with here in the Last Frontier.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.