Pirate 4x4 banner

Emissions question

628 views 8 replies 6 participants last post by  OOP'S 
#1 ·
So Im looking at my engine today on my 87 4-Runner and I noticed a bunch of stuff I?ve never seen on a EFI before. So I go look up my VIN and find out that it?s a California model. Not bad if Im in California but Im in Washington state. So now Im wondering what can I get rid of and still pass smog test in this state ? As soon as I get a chance Ill take a pic of the engine and post it

#2 ·
Ok so here are pics of the engine

This is the full engine shot

And I think this is a charcoal canister

And I have no idea what this is but there is a cable that runs to the throttle body and looks like a throttle cable.

So can I yank these off of my truck and still have it run nicely ?

#5 ·
pffft, you always act like you know everything! :flipoff2: I know for a fact that the cruise control doesn't run off of the charcoal canister. :shaking:

If you want real information on this engine, PM Myanarchy your questions.

#6 ·
Well being from Hawaii there is no emissions testing therefore no emissions crap on our vehicles (well none of the Toyotas Ive owned). And yah I figured that other thing was for the cruise control being that it isnt working and that thing isnt hooked up. Just wanted some verification :D

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.