Pirate 4x4 banner

3.0 auto radiator on a 5 speed work for Hydro set up cooling?

707 views 10 replies 5 participants last post by  seafarinman 
#1 · (Edited)
A while back I replaced my radiator and they sent me the wrong one. I'm guessing it's for the auto since it has the fittings for a hose on both sides on the bottom of it. I just plugged them up with a ball of black tape and called it good. I'm getting ready to install my TG hydro set up and was wondering if it would be possible to utilize this on the return line as a cooler??

#3 ·
Thanks for the info.. Is this the same Seafarinman that used to be on Yotatech also? If so I was the guy with the british plates on my rig at the 2003 Fall Colors Run up on Greenwater. My rig has came a long long ways since those days!!

I just dug up this old pic.. is that you on the left??

#5 ·
Cali has it's good points and bad... I liked ID/WA a whole lot better but what can you do. There are worse places to be stationed that's for sure. Good luck on your Europe tour. I loved it there. Here's a current shot of my rig.

#7 ·
Your rig looks awesome. I actually am getting a bunch of SAS parts (I bought my hanger and shackles like 2 years ago:shaking:) I am getting the Hi-steer, brake rotors, u-bolt flip kits, shock hoops, etc. today. I still need to figure out the rear suspension though. Looking at 57" ford springs most likely. But I am finally going to start cutting up my rig. I have been using my 87 SAS POS for most of the action though. Gotta get the gas bottles filled or rest a plasma cutter and get to work! Is that pic of your rig at Hollister Hills? I have never been there.

#8 · (Edited)
Hey Seafarinman....I also remember you and your rig from YT. I have helped a buddy of yours down here in San Diego at the Ford dealership I work for. I cant remember his name, but he drives a Ford Explorer with Badland sliders and front bumper.

Good luck with the SAS.

Sorry for the hijack Joey!!

#9 ·
No worry Mark I pretty much hijacked my own thread. 94 Redtoy thanks for the link I guess I searched for the wrong phrase. Finding someplace to mount a trans cooler is going to be my issue. With the AC crap on the front of the radiator there is no room up there. Can a person get away with running no cooler?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.