Pirate 4x4 banner

O/D and CEL flashing...

2K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  panty dropper 
#1 ·
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

well as the title says the over drive and check engine light are flashing. i got in my 4runner (95 4runner 3.0 auto 4x4) after practice and those two lights we flashing. so i turned the engine off and pop the hood everything seems to be fine. my house is a couple of miles away so i just drive it. drives fine except has kinda a lag in the throttle at first but will jump and act like nothing is wrong. also when i floor it the over drive and check engine light would go off. anyone have any idea whats going on? also tried to check the codes but due to the CEL light flashing it made it hard or im doing it wrong. (TE1 to E1 and count the beeps on the CEL<___correct me if thats wrong) all suggestions are appreciated inlcuding how to turn these lights off. (and no i dont want to just remove the bulbs and call it done:flipoff2:)

#3 ·
no 3.0 was ever obd2, toyota switched over in the middle of 95 on tacoma and t-100 trucks with the newer 3.4 engines. The overdrive light flashing indicates a transmission trouble code, the cel indicates an engine problem. You can only get engine codes out of the TE1 to E1, you need to jump another pin with one of those to get the tranny codes I think thats right......I could check the factory service manual I have here, but that would involve getting up......and after this hell week that is not an option at this moment in time

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.