Pirate 4x4 banner

lockright

836 views 8 replies 6 participants last post by  EGzuki 
#1 ·
i am installing a lock right in a 4cly diff and i am not sure what way the small spacer goes. one side has a thick ring and the other is thin. not sure how is the best way to explain it but one side is about 1/8in thick and the other side is about 1/4" thick. right now i have the thicker side against the diff pin instead of the splines.

thanks

#8 ·
read the install instructions!!!

In the last week, i too just installed a lockright into a 4cyl diff and the thin side should be out towards the axle shafts and the side with the smaller diameter hole faces toward the pinion shaft. It states specifically in the instructions. It will only work this way with the thicker sides in towards the pinion shaft. If you look at the coupler that you slide into the carrier openings, there is a raised ridge that the large hole sits over. If not installed this way, the pinion shaft will not be able to go in... it should slide easily in(pinion shaft). installing them the other way will result in each spacer sitting off the coupler further resulting in a too small of a hole for the shaft to slide in.

hope this helps.

#9 ·
thicker sides go up against pinion shaft

sounds as though you installed them correctly. the larger hole should go outward towards axle shafts because they lip over the raised edge of the couplers. installing them the wrong way will not allow you to slip the shaft back in.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.