Pirate 4x4 banner

engine idle with 268 EB cam

977 views 4 replies 5 participants last post by  TrikeKid 
#1 ·
Just got everything put together after upgrading to the Engine builder 268 cam. Was wondering how you guys trucks idle with this cam. Ive got the timing dead on and the carb adjusted pretty dang good and it does have a pretty good lope to it. I guess you could call it lope, or just a little bit of a rough idle. Also during normal driving there seems to be more vibration/rumble coming from the engine. I do have quite an exhast leak so that may have something to do with it.

But anyway, just looking for some opinions of the guys who run this cam. Thanks alot.

Motor is an 82 22r.

#3 ·
Mine is smooth as glass above 1200 RPM. A light lope to it at Idle. My motor has been balanced and port matched with the injectors all flow tested.

Sounds like you have other issues.

If the motor is fresh then get a couple hundred miles on it. Mine was pretty tight and it was noticeable right after it was built. After about 300 miles it loosened up. With 4K on it I'm loving it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.