Pirate 4x4 banner

Axle seal help

521 views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  De Ranged 
#1 ·
Gidday

I'm doing a bit of research for a set of new axles and...a while back I remembered a post about a better replacement inner axle seal... I think it was a spicer...
My searches have come up with plenty of dina stuff no toy stuff :shaking:
Anyone got any info

Whats prompted this is I've been given a set of 4 spider 4.1 fine spline cruiser diffs and have another set with ARB's on offer cheap :smokin: so figured I might as well build a set of custom axles

Front
Cruiser diff... make my own Cro-Moly inner axles and use 80 series cruiser CV's with straps sweated on the outside of the birfs... machine up some off-center kingpin ball housings so i can move the axle tube up nice en tight
still don't know wheither i make my own swivel housings with hilux spindles or run VX housings and hubs.... just don't know how they will handle hi-lift arms and hydro steering :confused:

Back
Cruiser diff ... with standard wider IFS hilux axles... I'll also do the same trick of off-setting the bearing bolt plate on the axle tube

Cheers Reece

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.