Pirate 4x4 banner

were to get em

753 views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  Turtle Bite 
#1 ·
i am picking up a running 87 yota pickup and was wondering were to get the supplies to 4 link it. i have a chevy d60 and a 14 bolt rear sitting in my barn. i want to shove my dads old vortec 350 in it and a 7005r4. all i need to know is were to get the 4 links. by the way im only 15 and this will be my major project through high school since i finished my 72 blazer and my dads and mines rat rod. thanks for the help guys

josh

#6 ·
Johnny Joints are cool, rebuildable, can handle shock loads better, but are only available thru Currie. There are several other rebuildable "johnny" like ends available but I haven't seen one that has the stud welded on like the Johnny. Heims or rod ends are easier to get but I think will fail easier than Johnnies. Lots of guys will use heims at the rig end of their links and urethane bushings like leaf spring eye bushings at the axle end. Cost of good rod ends and Johnnies are about the same. By the time you get whatever ends you choose, jamb nuts, and weld-ins, you're gonna have a fairly significant investment. Search for info, study other folks builds, ask questions, then by the joints you want 1 time.

#7 ·
Ballistic Fab has johnny joints with weld on studs. They also have a joint that is the same style as a johnny but much bigger/ stronger. Read the threads in the vendor forum and visit there websites to get an idea of what is available. Yes they are kind of like watching commercials but there are lots of pictures of the premade brackets and how they are used. With the horsepower and weight you are talking about you are going to need some beefy lowers and some good size heims, at least 7/8's shank.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.