Pirate 4x4 banner

Will histeer fit with ome 2" lift and without front drop hanger?

2K views 11 replies 5 participants last post by  illusive 
#1 ·
Now i have a drop front hanger, and 4" allpro springs with shackle. There is plenty of room for the histeer. But if I get 2" ome springs, and remover the drop hanger, are there still room for a little compression? Possible stuff I see is the nut on the steering box being dangerously close to the spring, my steering box is moved all the way to the body mount, with minor massage to the mount. I use an aftermarket pitman arm but with the same drop as the stock one. the box is tilted perfectly.

#7 ·
What year truck? That 2nd gen (in his link) seems to have a lot more room than I do on my 1st gen. PS box placement is key, bump stop placement are key.

While it appears it's touching in the picture it's not. But it's very damn close. I've got a marlin front hanger waiting to go on that on a 1st gen is only supposed to drop it ~ 1/2.

Maybe 3" of up travel. Springs go just a hair negative before bottoming out.

Attachments

#9 ·
looks like your drag link end is going to hit your main spring before anything else.
I would suggest you rotate your steering box a few more degrees closer to vertical and then install a flat pitman arm. That will bring your drag link end closer to the frame.

here is a shot of mine:

I added bumpstops to the frame to stop the springs from hitting the drag link end.

#11 ·
Jeep Wagoneers: i kept 3 of the original 7 leafs then added a long one to go the full length of the main leaf. The spring clamps are not shown in the photo.... I was still doing the install.

Long flat skinny leafs = soft ride.

why would turning the steering box be hard? the length of the Trail Gear flat pitman arm is the same as any other pitman arm.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.