Pirate 4x4 banner

dcg's half top (minor fab)

3K views 7 replies 7 participants last post by  Grim Reaper 
#1 ·
Yes, I know I'm posting to a bunch of fawkers and this qualifies as highschool fabrication.

Please ignore the stock suspension first gen.. Otherwise notice the solid axle hanging from the rafters in the garage and e-locker on the floor.. I'll get to making it pirate worthy eventually... :flipoff2:

I swear I've been working so much I get nothing done on this thing. I finally got around to changing the interior color on the top and bolting it on today:

Top top is essentially two shells and you'll have to do some work to get them to bond... What else you gonna do with a spare top though?

Completed.. Changed the color to black, which took more time than anything else.. Takes a while to get a non glossy durable finish, courtesy of Dupont and 3M.

See less See more
#3 ·
im not to fond of tops like that but looks like a good job. I have also heard that it is really bad for runner tops to hang them like that because they are fiberglass and can warp. Should use 2 2x4's under and put your rachet straps onto the ends of those.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.