Pirate 4x4 banner

just got an 83 toy w/ 4.3 vortec, no charge

995 views 6 replies 6 participants last post by  Hottrod81 
#1 ·
Not real familiar with the system. The alternator is new and tested, but it still won't charge. Any ideas? Also has an aftermarket wiring harness but rear oxygen sensors are not hooked up, nor is the vss. It does run now but sucks the battery down pretty quick.
What's the best radiator? That sucker that's in there now is tiny.
I'm kicking some ideas around and considering putting a set of 60's under it. I already have them and they are a lot stronger than the stockers....

#3 ·
Gm

If it is a GM alt (with 1 big post and a two wire connector) the big post is wired to your battery +, one of the wires (in the connector) gets jumped to the big post (on your alt) and the other to an Ign source ( I would have to go pop my hood to tell you the GM colors ). Use of the VSS would depend on if your running an auto or manual and if the 4.3 donor had the auto or manual. The year of the 4.3 would help. Put on the 60s. If it doesn't run hot then don't fix the radiator.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.