Pirate 4x4 banner

slave cyl issues...

626 views 7 replies 4 participants last post by  toydoctor 
#1 · (Edited)
ok,...how much throw am i suposed to have?....ive tryed 2 differant ones,...im only getting about 1/2 inch of throw....

i cant figure it out....for some reason i have to adjust the rod all the way out,..basicly resting the release bearing on the presure plate...when both transfers are in high range the clutch slips at full throttle....but when the front case is in low,..it dosent slip....
i just replaced the clutch yesterday...ive got a 95 22re 2wd motor with a 1980 4-speed....i had to buy a 95 2wd clutch kit with a 1980 throw out bearing....my release arm needs to move about 2-3 inches for the clutch to work properly....and yes ive bled the system very well a few times....

any ideas???

do i need a custom settup?...or have i gotton a few bad slave cycl's?....i dont have a stock one to look at

#5 ·
ok,...the strap was used to get it close to release....as it sets now the clutch is engaged with the strap holding it close to disengaged....the clutch pedal will now disengage the clutch just enough to work,....but as it is now im sure the release bearing is riding on the presure plate not alowing 100% engagement,....causing it to slip in high range......if i just had more movement in the slave cycl,..it would be fine,...with the strap undone the release fork will travel back to far for the slave cycl to disengage....

you think a diff master cycl would do the trick?...something with more pedal throw??....

any ideas would be helpfull,....i cant go the olf linkage way as the throw out arm is on the passenger side....

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.