Pirate 4x4 banner

New upper plenum intake manifold available.

882 views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  dcg9381 
#1 ·
You guys might be interested in this link.. I don't usually promote vendor's stuff, unless I win the latest Pirate raffle, but this is a bit unique and is potentially useful to you low tech guys doing propane + a turbo .. Or high tech guys doing custom EFI - Probably no gains for naturally aspirated, but the word is that the butt-o-meter finds the new upper plenum quite helpful starting at 4k and really helpful at 5k.
Untested - but probably won't work with stock EFI without pretty significant modifications.

This machnist that makes these does top notch work - he built my turbo exhaust manifold and I can't say enough about how good it was to work with him. My manifold is a unique CNC piece that is super solid, has put up with some very red hot abuse, and hasn't warped at all..

We're lucky to have *anyone* making parts for these old vehicles, especially since the engines are out of production.. The images below are Jeff Mosk's truck - he pioneered high output turbo stuff for the 22RTE / 22RE in my opinion...

I'm not associated with this vendor - not getting paid here - just thought that someone else might be interested in *new* parts for an old motor..

This manifold is made by: http://www.steedspeed.com/

I'll let you read the details below..

http://www.4x4wire.com/forums/showflat.php...&Number=1017665

See less See more
#2 ·
Wow; That was NOT on the runner when I stopped by to pick up the seats. When did you have it fabbed?
Planning on a Dyno run in the future?

Interesting..

BTW; did you get your cam \ follower issues sorted?

#3 ·
I didn't have it fabbed.. The truck it's in belongs to Jeff Mosk who pioneered the 22RE/22RTE turbo madness. He's been working with Leen on a prototype that works and is easy to install.

I'll purchase one when I'm looking for that last bit of HP.

I'm up and running and seem to be doing well.. We'll drive her around a little bit more to make sure. I've had the truck down for about 2 months do to an excessive work schedule and being out of town.

Recent changes:
1) T04b 48 trim turbo, she's a little bit laggy, but when the power does hit it really starts to pull.
2) blow off valve (to relieve some turbo stress) from a DSM.
3) Found a spark issue in my inductive pickup at the distributor.

In regard to my head issue, it's resolved.. Tim's been great to work with.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.