Pirate 4x4 banner

Ford shock mount pic, let's see them

1K views 9 replies 6 participants last post by  trailrunner55 
#1 ·
Search hasn't worked for the last couple of days (e-mail sent to the PBB gods) and I went back over 80 pages with no joy; FAQ only has the part number.

At least one member here has torn one Ford shock mount off his 4runner; it didn't tear off at the weld, the frame material cracked and broke off. Fortunately, someone had a trail side welder to get it fixed.

Anyone else brake a Ford shock mount on a Toy? How about pics of the shock mount install.

Thanks,

Al

#4 ·
The only ones I've seen fail, the frame is actually what failed, not the tower.

This pic is about 6 years old, but I haven't changed anything and they've held up perfectly to 90k miles of street driving, and jumps, whoops, crawling, etc. offroad.

I welded them to the old IFS bracketry, so the "frame bracing" is the factory 3/16" stuff and tied into the motor mount.

#7 ·
My thanks too.

Question: How are you guys getting the bottom of the mount above the bottom of the frame? On my '85, with a 1" Roger Brown BL, I'm hitting the body before I can get the mount bottom above the frame bottom.

Keep the pics coming!

Thanks,

Al

#8 ·
Mine is on the old IFS bracketry, so that spaces it out from the frame an inch or so.

We also have IFS frames, which don't arch up as tall in that area as your SA frame does.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.