Pirate 4x4 banner

3 linked front or Leaf sprung

1K views 13 replies 9 participants last post by  mobil1syn 
#1 · (Edited)
OK not super hard core here. I am about to start on my sas. Ive done the engine swap.My question is with swap harder to peform? Yes I know most the hardcore people will bash me for this:flipoff2:. I know witch one will perform better. Cost really isnt a problem. Coil overs i am new to so I am no sure how to figure out the lift of a coil over, i am also sticking with yota axles and i am only wanting to run 37ish tall tires.Its a 90 Std cab. any help would be nice. Thanks
-Chris

#2 ·
if you got the cash and patience for tuning id go linked with a diamond axle. there are a few companies that sell kits for links to help ya out. leaves are easy if you use a kit, but there is some work if your doing everything from scratch.

#3 ·
From the top of this section

Read the Toyota FAQ (Frequently Asked Questions)- *MUST READ* here at least 10 times
If you post Questions here that are covered in the FAQ, you will be walking the plank in true Pirate4x4 style.

All of your quesions are discussed in detail in the FAQ's

#9 ·
I think the lowers are ~48??? They are mounted right behind the t-case skid plate.

I also dont know the separation #.
The lowers are under the frame and the uppers are as high as they could go with a 2" body lift.

I will try to measure at lunch time.

#11 ·
Right there is your answer. Stay with leafs, they are pretty much idiot proof. If after wheeling it, you decide you need something else, you'll only be out the cost of the leafs. Even then you can sell them to re-coupe most of that. For 95% of what everyone does, leafs are fine. For that extra 5%, you can't beat the links control over the suspension, and the articulation they can control as a by product. Don't over complicate things. Wheel it with leafs and don't let the PBB syndrome of if it ain't bling it ain't shit get you.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.