Pirate 4x4 banner

Rear link questions

609 views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  toy86 
#1 ·
Heres my truck-

as you can see it sags like a bitch because the rear springs are toasted so im going to be linking it very soon. Ive been looking at two different styles the last few days and reading up on some different buildups. my truck sees lots of street use so what setup would be better for the street? one like rollie is running with a wishbone upper or a three link with a panhard? either way i'll be running coils under the frame rails and a rock equipment sway bar and leaving the gas tank in the stock location. give me some imput

See less See more
#2 ·
Either way will work fine. I doubt you'd be able to tell the difference on the street.

Personally, I think the panhard setup will be easier to build stronger with the tank in the stock location. Just make it as long and flat as you can.

#3 ·
cool thanks guys, i'm gonna be running some bilstien 5125 that I already have on the rear so I should be fine in that area. Do you think there would be any street performace issues with using the readily available coil springs sold for coil overs? I like the idea of being able to know what spring rate im running and the tuneability associated with that but they are much smaller than say a jeep coil

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.