Pirate 4x4 banner

door bars (removable or hindge)

4K views 22 replies 15 participants last post by  mauidogg 
#1 ·
what are people doing for this just wanted to get some ideas? or see if mine would work? i dont wanna make tube doors, i have some new doors and 1/2 doors that will be able to take on and off for wheeling and d.d use, but when im wheeling with the 1/2 doors i wanted to make a removable door x bar that will hindge to swing out like a door some what off the cage or just be bolted?just wanted to see some good pics...

#6 ·
this is how mine look, I can remove them with 2 bolts and they also swing open. I can run the stock doors if I want to but have not had them on since I went this way, I should just weld them up. The best feature is that everything slides down the side without hanging up. They are bending though so I will replace them down the road.

Attachments

#8 ·
If the original poster's defense, the FAQ covers doors that bolt to the stock door hinges. He's looking for what No Excuses posted, an exo-door.

Nice setup, btw! I had been thinking of tube doors but was worried about getting hung up on the rear bars.

#14 · (Edited)
I'd like to see this too. I searched all over the place for pics of door bars mounted to the exo. No way you use a hinge :flipoff2:? Well you use tube for and exo...everyone knows that but there are still threads in the faq on pics of exos.....people use rams for hydro assist but there are still threads on that info. This is the same deal. You prolly just posted too quick thinking he was asking for tubedoors and are trying to backtrack now.

With tube doors you still get hung up on your rear exo post...with door bars you can slide past it. I just made a set of these for that very reason. I'll post pics of mine tomorrow.

No excuses what did you use for hinges and a latch..bolts on all ends? Pics?

Joe

#17 ·
Search for the pictures of 91blaze on photobucket. We built some removable hinged tubed doors that are attached to the exo. the biggest problem we had was getting the tube inserts in the exo lined up. The doors still go on for travel reasons and then get removed.

#20 · (Edited)
Here are mine...super simple and placed exactly where trees like to run...I just followed the dents in my door :D.

We'll see how this holds up....really there isn't any twisting force on the bar holder plate things but I'll probably gusset them anyways.

And it's schd40 pipe so it's rigid and less dentable.

#23 ·
Here are mine...super simple and placed exactly where trees like to run...I just followed the dents in my door :D.

We'll see how this holds up....really there isn't any twisting force on the bar holder plate things but I'll probably gusset them anyways.

And it's schd40 pipe so it's rigid and less dentable.
just wanna know how these are taking the abouse. and what size bushings, tube etc did you use for the hinge? I think I am gonna make a full exo door. using 2 hinges infront, similar to yours, but another hinge like section to close door, and use hitch pin, or wire lock pin to hold the door closed.

#22 ·
how dare you mis-spell a word on pirate, the spelling bee champion website.:laughing: i plan on doing tube doors on my exo soon, bolt on / removable, but not hinged. it will serve 2 purposes, to strengthen the cage and to help slide over obstacles without hanging up on my b-pillar bars. that's part of the reason i haven't done my half doors yet, because if it turns out nice, i won't need them.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.