Pirate 4x4 banner

Horse power #'s?

2K views 25 replies 12 participants last post by  jcanada 
#1 ·
I recently rebuilt my 87 22re, complete block tear down bored .050 over with moly rings. I have a engnblder rv head with os valves and a 268 cam, a thorely tri-y header with a hi flow converter and magnaflow 50 series, a msd ignition box, and lc engineerings 195cc 2.5ohm injectors. Was wondering what kind of hp and trq #'s im looking at? What other mods are available for the 22re efi that are street legal?

#5 ·
Read the FAQ's. There are some desktop dyno charts for various combinations, including the most of what you listed.

OR, you can weigh your truck and then do 4 or 5 1/4 mile passes, and calculate it from there.

My guess would be about 133.5hp at 4667RPM...but that's only a ruff guess.:flipoff2:

#13 ·
There are a few dyno runs on my website.
Pay no attention to the man behind the curtin.. I mean to the peak power gains.. It's the area under the dyno curve that makes these trucks drivable.
Based on the rear wheel dyno's I've seen, if you broke 100-110 rwhp, it'd be impressive.

#22 ·
195cc injectors @ 40psi will limit you to about 140 hp at the crank. Kill off 30% for drivetrain under a load and you're under 100 at the rear wheels. Aside from cam timing, and assuming a 2 1/4" exhaust, your configuration is probably in the middle-ground sweet spot. Further mods would help your HP but hurt your low RPM torque, or visa versa. Neither trade-off is good for a street driven truck, just call your motor project done.

#25 · (Edited)
Alot of money yes, but i bought parts over 2 years pieces at a time, so it wasnt that bad of a out of wallet experience. I am on the east coast near buffalo ny, its hard to find a dyno in the area. I have a downey air intake, but i saw a picture of somebodys intake that left the air filter on the intake side of the motor away from the exhaust they had a different tb and just extended the wire harness for the air sensor. What kind of tb or kit did they use? I tried searching but after a year and a half of beeing a red star member i still have problems searching, but no problem on getting my problems solved. Yeah i took it in the a!! with no lube on the injectors. Lesson well learned!!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.