Pirate 4x4 banner

Transfercase leaking

748 views 12 replies 9 participants last post by  punkrock crawler 
#1 ·
I've got a first generation pickup and the transfercase is leaking seems like all the gaskets on it are leaking oil , shifts fine with no problems . Just wondering if anyone on here has broke one down and replaced all the seals and what kind of job am I looking at ? Any help is much appreciated !!!!!!!!!!

#6 · (Edited)
Call Marlin have him send you a crawler gear set. It comes with all the seals and gaskets. Download how to install them and give yourself an afternoon. Kill two birds with one stone. If you can follow step buy step instructions you shouldn't have any problems.
Get some really good snap ring pliers.

#12 ·
if you can drop it out you can fix the gaskets. If my duals are out ion the floor alreay it will take me no more than a half hour to pull them all apart. There dirt simple inside so there pretty much no chance of messin up puttin it back together. Like they said find the factory service manual in the faq. Grab some new gaskets and some gasket maker. Take your time cleanin them up when your puttin them together and it wont leak again.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.