Pirate 4x4 banner

1st Toyota Truggy Build

6K views 13 replies 7 participants last post by  Thrillbilly_fab 
#1 ·
I just recieved a 1989 toyota 4x4 extra cab, with a v6 & a 5 spd trans, I plan on a total ground up truggy build on this truck, I think I made a good deal on this thing. It was given to me by a friend for free all I have to do is build a new work bumper for his mechanic's service truck which will take me about 10 hrs to complete. This thing is a bit smashed up on the right side, from the mixture of drinking, stupidity, & just plain fun. This thing runs great the only mechanical problem this thing has is a broken left side motor mount. I plan on dismantalling as soon as I can to get a start for next spring. I will be looking for some extra parts like a straight front axle, 5.29 gears, & much more, and if anybody is in need of a part on this truck that I will not be using PM me. Ok here we going wish me good luck.

#10 ·
the bronco is my next project, and it is not for sale, and when I flip the truck on some rocks some time I will not fell so bad. But all that I will be using of this truck will be the cab, engine, trans & transfer, rear end, and part of the frame. And when you have the front axle & the 5.29 gear let me know what you want for them. Thanks

#14 ·
thanks I will wheel it very hard, When I get it done I have been gathering parts and pieces for the build. it is all new to me. I use to build midget and sprint cars for a living just stopped 2 Years ago. So this is going to be a challenge to build the new chassis for this truck out of all chromoly. I will be making all the link brackets with a waterjet out of chromoly plate.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.