Pirate 4x4 banner

Rolled toy...what should I do?

2K views 21 replies 19 participants last post by  forbergler 
#1 ·
Hi well I bought myself a toy...great condition no rust...used it for some 4x4ing and rolled it second day out .. asking for some ideas of what i should do now...buy a new cab...get someone to bend it out or what?
I will post before after pics...

BEFORE

AFTER

See less See more
#4 · (Edited)
This is the same advice I got when I did the same almost two years ago.
It's still great advice.

New windshields are $90.

Or, this guy makes a great replacement cab for about $1,300:
http://www.hendrixmotorsports.com/

They look like this:
http://www.formulatoy.org

You will find that replacement cabs are extremely expensive when you need one. After you pay too much for one, you will find several for cheap or free. That's just how it works. So..I highly suggest the Hendrix option.

#6 ·
If it's only a wheeling rig then just beat it out until you can close the door and put a new windshield in it. If your going to drive it alot then junkyard cab. I found my 94 extra can for $325 from the junk yard. Good luck

#10 ·
beat it out till it gets close-ish to what it was...build an inner cage and put some real tires on it...then wheel it til something else breaks and repeat the first step. Oh...and forget about ever making the factory doors open and close properly again...won't happen...

#13 ·
If you dumped it on the second day, Id say its time to buggy it. Spend the $$ you are thinking of spending on paint and body work on tools and ftoy chassis or tubing. While your building, try to save some $$$ and buy a truck to tow it with.

#20 · (Edited)
Get a title with your new cab. Use that title instead of your old one.

Cabs tend to be cheap here. I've been trying to sell a nice one for $100 for a while now.

I know of a couple guys who just bought extra cabs for $100 each.

I shoved a tree through my cab, broke my window, smashed it in more places than I can count and I'm still not doing a cab swap. Too much trouble just to bash it up again. I'd rather do another build I think.

Chass
ct

#21 ·
Your not in that bad of shape. If I was you I would just do a cab swap. I rolled mine and just swapped the cab. It took alot of hours to do but it was well worth it.

Here she was before the roll.

The whole passenger side of my cab was folded down about 8 inches and the driver side was folded in about 6. This is what it looked like ffter 3 hours with a bottle jack and a hi lift.

And now after cab swap and cage.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.