Pirate 4x4 banner

RUF problems

1K views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  seafarinman 
#1 ·
Just got done hanging the springs and axle on my junk. I am running rears up front made up of 89 4Runner 48" main/mil wrap/3rd leaf with 3 cut down mazda rear leaves cut 4.5"/3"/2" shorter. Also got the Marlin Crawler SAS hanger and shackles 1.75" forward and TG hi-steer with Sky's Pitman arm adapter to use stock pitman. When I lowered the frame down, the springs are flat, but the problem is that with the V6 engine, the tierod/draglink are really close (almost crossed) and will hit. Upon compression the pitman arm will hit the tierod as well. I have about 4" of lift with this setup. I am thinking of adding more leaves (main/milwrap/3rd leaf from a 89-95 rear pack). Might even have the axle gusset strike the oilpan. Should I add more leaves, swap to a centered pin springpack (Marlin/TG, etc) or should I just rotate the steering box so that it is vertical and use a flat pitman arm? :eek:

#2 ·
Get some pics and that will help. Are you using a a stock toyota pitman arm? Tilt the box as far as you can and go as far foward as you can. And bump stop that bitch.Heres a pic of mine as comparison
Best pic i can find

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.