Pirate 4x4 banner

Hydro Assist

863 views 8 replies 6 participants last post by  NCscarecrow 
#1 ·
my hydro assist is acting a little weird or i'm just new at this (which is a good possiblity). under load, it wants to come out the top of the rezzy and has a burning smell. i didn't put the system in the truck it was put in by the previous owner. all i did was plumb the lines from the box to the ram. please help ya.

#6 ·
Mine started doing that a few years back. Turned out to be due to the ram seals being worn out (internally) and that was bleeding lots of fluid through the ram and causing it to heat up. After a few miles on the trail, it would overheat and one time came out of the reservoir like a radiator boiling over. Had the ram repaired and added a cooler and it has been fine since then. How did I troubleshoot this problem? I added a pressure gauge to the high pressure line and found that I was only getting a few hundred PSI in the system.

#7 ·
ok the rezzy looks like it's a oversized. ram looks like a trailgear ram. i had 1/4 ID hydro lines made from a local hydro place.

this is the cooler i have (minus the blig bling look). it a moroso.

anything dealing with the inturnals of the box, ram, or pump i have no clue. would it be best for me to rebuild everything in the system?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.