Pirate 4x4 banner

Need Help!!! Can't Steer!!

2K views 14 replies 10 participants last post by  panty dropper 
#1 ·
I think it has something to do with the front e-locker mod that I did. In 2wd I can steer fine. In 4wd it has the normal binding. When I engage the front e-locker I can't steer at all. I can turn right a little but nothing left. The steering system is fine when the locker is not engaged. I have never driven a vehicle with a front locker before but I don't think this is right at all. It just won't turn left past center at all. I've tried going a little left on a straight run and it won't past center. Did I do something wrong with the install??
Help please as I am leaving for a wheeling weekend right now. I'll check the responses when I get there. Please, if you have any ideas let me know, this can't be normal.

#7 ·
The truck is an 85 4Runner. Tried turning on the street. Steering works FINE when locker IS NOT engaged in 4wd on the street.
Also installed a set of 30 spline Longfields also, would that have anything to do with it? I know according to his install you might need to clearance the inside of the bell a little to get them to turn and not scrape. I did clearance them as much as I thought they needed.
Hitting the road, keep posting, will check back when I get to my final destination!

#15 ·
or do what I do, only lock in one hub until you really need both :) Works on my fullsize chevy, should work on a yota as well. Front lockers are magical, I wouldnt want to leave home without one, the shitty handling is worth how far they make your truck go off road.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.