Pirate 4x4 banner

springs

1K views 19 replies 16 participants last post by  montezuma 
#1 ·
so i just measured my rear stock length and they are the same as the roughly the same length and stuff as the fronts springs from trail gear so has anyone like ever even thought about it or even done it if so pics please

#3 ·
Not a good idea. I did it, and I can't compress my suspension without my tierod hitting my draglink, and then the pitman arm. Now I have to move my axle back, and move my steering box forward. Too much hassle. Now my truck is just sitting in the driveway undrivable. Wish that I had just kept my IFS and my pocket full of coin. :flipoff2:

#5 ·
This guy must be joking... or he's been post padding HARD!!!

Yep, rears us front is in the FAQ, and is a very common swap if you aren't joking.

#12 ·
If you are talking about running trail gears springs in the back of your truck, all you have to do is make sure they are the right length. If not, move your hanger.

If you want information about how long they are and how far they are pin to eye and such, DON'T call trail gear. They don't know anything about their springs :( I spent 30 minutes on the phone trying to pry information out of them. All they will tell you is they won't fit a stock truck and that you have to buy a drop hanger. They sure didn't want to sell me any springs! So I didn't buy them from TG.

FYI: I wouldn't buy TG springs. I've seen a number of sets all bent up. Stock rears hold up better IMO.

Chass
ct

#20 ·
I've got trail-gears on the rear of my truck, and haven't had a problem yet. Several trips to the hammers, and couger Buttes.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.